Autumn Rest, Restore & Harvest Yoga Retreat in Tuscany
November 16 – 23, 2013
L U C C A , I T A L Y
Experience Italy’s rich and expansive culture in the stunning and beautiful Tuscan hillsides in Lucca, Tuscany – rated by Forbes as one of the Top Ten Destinations to visit in Europe!
Join me, Jen Warakomski, as I lead this unique & luxurious week-long yoga retreat that coincides with the Villa’s Olive Harvest! Yes – Along with our yoga practices amazing food, fun adventures and indulgent healing art spa therapies, you will ALSO get the chance to harvest fresh Tuscan olives and sample fresh pressed olive oil!
Our luxe accommodations, delicious regional specialty meals and all yoga activities will be held at Villa Benvenuti, an extraordinary Tuscan villa which sits high on a hillside overlooking a panorama of mountains, olive groves, fruit trees and vineyards.
With 28 hectares of unspoilt nature to explore, the natural surroundings and secluded setting create an atmosphere of calm and stillness, making it ideal for yoga, hiking and meditative practices. Wine, olive oil, herbs, vegetables & fruit are all produced in an abundance on the estate and provide the essential ingredients for our delicious and healthy meals, cleansing juices and herbal teas. Our retreat menu is vegetarian based on what is in season and the region’s specialities. As we are in Tuscany, we do indulge in organic cheeses, pasta, breads, wines and other delights, and so this retreat is not a strict cleanse but offers plenty of healthy choices.
We will reconnect and unwind with twice-daily yoga, pranayama and meditation practices plus optional excursions and adventures will be offered throughout the week. Explore the area on foot or visit the local villages by bike, relax in the hammock, take a cooking class with an Authentic Tuscan Chef, or tour inside Lucca’s famed city walls on both bike and foot [warning - cappuccino and gelato breaks are included!]. You can also just take a nap, or replenish and pamper yourself with a massage or other in-house healing arts or spa services.
• This retreat is designed for all individuals of any age, whether you are brand new to yoga or have practiced yoga before. •
A TYPICAL RETREAT DAY
- 7.00am morning yoga
- 9.30am cleansing juice and nutritious breakfast on the patio
- 10.30am free time for nature walks, healing arts or other optional excursions
- 1.00pm delicious lunch at the villa
- 2.00pm free time to explore local villages, read, relax, or get a massage
- 5.30pm afternoon restorative yoga & meditation
- 7.30pm amazing home cooked dinner using fresh ingredients picked from the garden or local producers
HEALING ARTS & EXCURSIONS
Along with your daily yoga classes & nature walks, this retreat offers a range of optional healing arts and excursions
• Holistic massage and energy treatments will be offered in the massage room in the Secret Garden. [price varies]
• Customized spa services: facials, pedicure, manicures.[price varies]
• Visit the beautiful medieval city of Lucca, a lively historic town still enriched by an imposing 16th century wall and full of cafes, shops, and bicycles! Explore the narrow streets lined with palazzos, and churches and learn about the city and its many hidden treasures. [30 euro pp includes informal guided tour, bike rental, cappuccino and gelato breaks]
• Hike along ancient pilgrimage routes and trails exploring local villages with wonderful vistas and enjoy a picnic lunch. [included in all packages]
• Follow the “Strada del Vino” (the Wine Road) into the hills of Lucca and Montecarlo. Enjoy the beauty of century old villas perched on hills rimmed by olives and hundred year old vineyards and taste some of the best wines in Tuscany. [80 euro pp]
• Take a day trip to Cinque Terre and explore the rugged and beautiful Italian Riviera. [50-80 euro pp]
- 2 Yoga and Meditation Classes per day
- 7 nights accommodation + all linen + towels.
- Free pick up from Lucca Train or Bus station
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals per day
- Fresh detox juice at breakfast
- Unlimited fruit, water and herbal teas throughout the day
- Wine (produced from the estate) at dinner
- Guided hike (2 – 4 hours) to hill top village with picnic lunch
- Aperitivo with Prosecco on the last night
- Use of the swimming pool & all facilities within the grounds
- Assistance and advice in arranging optional excursions
- Excursions outside the villa or transportation for excursions other than those specified
- Other travel related expenses
- Meals outside of the villa
- Massage and additional body/mind therapies
- Travel insurance
- Airport transfers
FEES & TERMS
Rooms are available on a first come first served basis. Most people are happy to share a room and if booking a double, we will put you in a room with a same sex person.
* A non-refundable, non-transferrable deposit of €400. is due for each person upon registration and full payment is required 6 weeks prior to the start of the retreat.
• € 1200 Twin Room [shared] with shared bathroom
• € 1400 Twin Room [shared] with private bathroom
• € 350 Supplement for Single [private] room
This will be an incredible 7-night experience in one of the most beautiful locations in the world!
For any travel or other information and/or queries,
please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The retreat is limited to 14 places so book early to ensure your place.