Slow Down & Savor in the Chianti
Step into a week of slowing down and savoring the art of “slow living” in a carefully personalized, supported and small group setting.
Our week together is located at a private villa is nestled amongst the unique Chianti landscape, which hosts rolling hills covered with fields of family vineyards and olive groves that date back generations.
Behold vistas of small stone villages with red tiled roofs and countryside homes that boast cypress trees lined drives. Panoramas of oak, pine and chestnut tree forests offer idyllic postcard views that have inspired and attracted visitors from all over the world.
The peaceful, private and picturesque environment inspires feelings of deep relaxation, creativity and freedom to explore the art of slowing down and living in the moment.
Wander amongst the olive trees and grapevines, swim in the salt water pool, enjoy a massage or reiki treatment, take a meditation walk along small winding paths that were put in place hundreds of years ago, or simply rest in a hammock under the olive trees with a book.
This is your week to slow down, savor and practice the art of mindfulness and presence.
Slow Down & Savor: The Practices
Over the course of the week, we will celebrate our relationship with nature and our innate personal power. This retreat is designed to allow you to shift your perspective in order to rise towards living as the person you always knew yourself to be.
Twice daily inspiring “slow yoga”, combining hatha, yin and restorative yoga, meditation, and mindfulness sessions allow you to ease into your day and prepare you for a blissful night of rest and restoration.
This retreat is designed for all levels of practitioner, including absolute beginners. All are welcome.
Slow Down & Savor: Life as a local
During the week, you will meet many fun and passionate artists and producers who carry forth the traditions of food, wine and culture that is exclusive to the Chianti.
Our on site meals at the villa are lovingly prepared with the “farm to table” approach. You will taste the finest seasonal ingredients freshly picked from the nearby gardens and local farms. Our Villa chef practices a “zero kilometer” philosophy, creating artful gastronomy direct from Mother Nature’s nearest abundant bounties of olive oil, wine, honey, vegetables, fruits, herbs and wildflowers.
For our offsite gastronomical adventures, we will meet and taste local specialties that are exclusive to the Chianti region. Wine, olive oil, honey, cheese tastings and creative “slow food movement” inspired meals will tantalize and elevate all of your senses.
When it comes to food and nourishment, our healthy, eco-friendly philosophy & lifestyle allows you to supports and fully embrace the local community. Each and every encounter of the week is an invitation to slow down, savor and mindfully enjoy yourself and the inspiring natural surroundings.
Included in the Retreat Package…
- Luxury Accommodations
- Vegetarian inspired & locally sourced healthy meals [breakfast, lunch & dinner]
- Morning & afternoon yoga classes
- Deep relaxation & meditation classes
- Nature walks, swimming, sunbathing
- Yoga mats & props
- Pool loungers, towels
- Welcome package with gifts
- Organic wine tastings
- Pizza party night
- Polenta dinner party
- Breadmaking class with the most famous baker in the Chianti [both gluten and non-gluten breads!]
- Group airport transfers
- WIFI connection
Private tours with transportation and designated local tour guide include…
- Guided local trek & picnic
- Tour and tasting at a local and award winning olive oil producer
- Tour and tasting at a renowned organic honey producer
- Tour and tasting at a local historic family winery
- Tour and lunch at a local cashmere producer
- Tour and demonstration at a local wood artisan studio
- Tour local Chianti villages
- Tour the Chianti’s famous Golden Valley
€2295.00 = Double Deluxe Room with private bathroom [for 2 persons]*
€2695.00 = Single Deluxe Room with private bathroom [for 1 person]*
* Price quoted is per person. You will be placed with same sex roommate in our double superior rooms.
* Single Deluxe Rooms have limited availability
- Space is limited to 10 guests.
- Airfares, travel insurance, personal car hire, airport transfer outside of group pickup and drop off times, and gratuities are not included in the retreat package price.
- Travel assistance and preparation instructions will be provided once your deposit is received.
- Plan to check in after 3.00pm on August 27th and check out by 10am on September 2nd.
A €500. deposit holds your space *
*The deposit is non-refundable, see terms and conditions on the booking form for all information.
Ready to Join Us?
“Yoga with Jen is life changing and inspirational. She not only is a great teacher of the various asanas, she expands your thinking and confidence each practice and teaches in such a way that
you gain more knowledge of yoga, and how it has evolved, too.”
“Jen is such a good teacher for any level of yoga practice. Her approach is very personal and I advanced considerably with her attention to detail. Her classes are very interesting and stimulating. I highly recommend her to anyone wanting to do yoga!”
“The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are.”